Wednesday, December 19, 2007

shovels and wovels

I have been meaning to name our Co-op association's janitors/groundskeepers as heroes. I have never complained about the monthly assessments because honestly it feels like a great deal considering it includes all utilities, property taxes, and janitorial services. But after this weekend I feel like our money is really being put to good use. After our large snowfall the other day, I expected the driveways to be plowed and of course, they were. But I did not expect to find a path shoveled between each residence's car cleared. After three winters of Chicago street parking I became accustomed to keeping a shovel in my trunk, always having to dig my car out or dig out a new spot to park. After several inches of snowfall my shovel is still dry and unused in our storage unit. I cannot believe how much work these guys do around here. I hear the snowblowers and shovels going constantly. They are real heroes. If I could afford to do so, I would buy them wovels.

Which leads me to my next hero: my big brother Aaron. He is doing all he can to promote one of the best inventions of recent years. See him in action here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home